Have you ever smelled something that immediately brought back a memory? Perhaps the smell of grandma baking fresh bread baking, or certain foods cooked during the holidays brings up childhood memories. Our sense of smell is the most powerful of our five senses. Certain smells can change our mood and create powerful responses instantly.
We transmit smell information from the nose to the brain through the olfactory bulb. The olfactory bulb is a part of the limbic system, the emotional brain. Also the olfactory bulb has a close connection to the amygdala, which processes emotion, and hippocampus, which is responsible for associative learning.
Smells wouldn’t trigger memories if it weren’t for conditioned responses. When we first smell something new we link it to a person, a place, or an experience. The next time we smell it again, the link to our memory already exists. The smell of chlorine may bring back memories of summertime at the pool, or the smell of the ocean may bring back a special vacation. Since most new smells were encountered during childhood, many of our memories will be linked to childhood.
Many memories are created unconsciously, but we can consciously use our sense of smell as a powerful tool in creating new conditioned responses, or in healing childhood wounds. Essential oils can be used as a part of your manifesting routine. Prior to writing in your manifesting journal, reciting affirmations, or before meditation use the following steps to program the desired results.
– Choose an intention or affirmation to focus on for the moment
– Place a drop of essential oil in the palm of your hands, rub together, cup hands over the nose, and slowly inhale and exhale deeply
– Write in your manifesting journal, speak affirmations, or meditate on your intention
– Repeat two or more times throughout the day to link the memory and intention
For example, perhaps you want to attract more abundance. This can be an abundance of money, happiness, friends, health, joy, time with people you love, etc. Pick an essential oil or blend that will help anchor the intention and program the brain such as wild orange, cypress, peppermint, Geranium, Ylang Ylang, or lemon. Follow the steps above, and breathe the oil in periodically to program the body for abundance.
Use Abundance Affirmations such as:
– Abundance is constantly flowing to and through me
– I constantly attract money, wealth, and the resources easily
– I am a wealth magnet. Everything I need is constantly flowing to and through me
Consciously creating conditioned memories is a powerful way to manifest your intentions. Use this powerful tool to create the life you want. Contact me for more information about essential oils and emotional healing.