Have you ever been around someone who is genuinely passionate and radiates warmth?
They embrace and experience life. They live from an authentic place without judgment or fear. You’ve probably encountered someone with a balanced sacral chakra.
The sacral chakra is located about an inch or two below the navel.
This is the center responsible for pleasure — whether in everyday life or on a sensual level. It’s the power center that supports us in fully enjoying the richness of life. When this chakra is imbalanced a person can act detached, unemotional, overly emotional, timid, guilt relate to experiencing pleasure, and trust issues.
Why balance your sacral chakra?
Imbalances in the body’s energy centers can cause physical and emotional distress if not balanced. Chakras are intended to moderate energy as it flows through the body. The chakras can develop blockages due to emotional wounds and life experiences that restrict the natural flow. Recognizing chakra imbalances and restoring balance helps free blockages and restore optimal physical and emotional health. Chakra can become either over-active or under-active with slightly different symptoms.
An over active sacral chakra may cause:
- Overly emotional or reactive
- Excessive attachment to people or things
- Neediness in relationships
- Muscle tension
- Lower back discomfort
- Selfish behavior
An under active sacral chakra may cause:
- Fear of happiness/no joy in life
- Pessimism or hopelessness
- Sexual dysfunction, infertility, low libido
- Irregular menstrual cycles, urinary and bladder infections
Would you like to restore balance in your sacral chakra?
Recognizing imbalances is the first step to balancing this chakra. Look at physical symptoms you experience, your behavior, and how you react to people and situations. Also, look at emotions such as envy, jealousy, anger and rage are some of the emotions associated with the sacral chakra.
1) Dancing – is one of the greatest ways to unlock stagnant energy in the hips and pelvis. Put on your favorite music and get moving. Also swinging your hips with a hula-hoop will get the energy flowing.
2) Essential oils – such as wild orange, bergamot, grapefruit, lime, sandalwood, ylang ylang, cinnamon or patchouli may uplift your mood and bring back fun and creativity. Use a drop or two in your hands and breathe in deeply or apply directly over the sacral chakra.
3) Meditation/mindfulness – visualize orange light or filling the sacral chakra with orange paint. To enhance this exercise use a drop or two of your favorite essential oil.
4) Foods – eat fruits and veggies that are orange in color such as cantaloupe, oranges, yams, or carrots. Also, drinking plenty of water to keep fluids in the body moving and release toxins.
5) Mantras and affirmations – Use a journal to write mantras and affirmations that help to restore balance. Whenever you notice imbalances use your journal to express what you’re feeling Reprogram your subconscious by writing out mantras and affirmations that support resolving imbalances. Use sticky notes and place mantras or affirmations where you’ll see them and say them out loud. The conscious mind wants to see progress. So take note of when you’re feeling more balanced. Catch yourself having fun and enjoying the pleasures of life.
It’s easy to become emotionally closed off because of difficult situation or emotions. Learn to trust your gut instincts (intuition) to maintain balance within your system.
Learning to trust your intuition and balance your energy takes practice. The more you do it, the easier it becomes.